My Latest Tweet:

1/16/09

Yesterday's Calorie Count (And Some Popcorn Info)

...was 1,410!!

It was the best day yet in terms of nutrient composition. There were very few wasted calories on things like candy or cream for my coffee, and I ate fruit, veggies, dairy, grains, and lean protein.

My secret to yesterday's success: popcorn!! It was air popped, with nothing on it, so it was about 30 calories per cup.

I had only about 60 calories worth of popcorn (2 cups), and it did a great job of filling me up, which helped me resist the urge to snack.

Here's a look at the nutritional breakdown of plain popcorn:

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/snacks/5659/2

It's a source of fibre, and contains nutrients such as phosphorus, potassium, and omega-6 fatty acids. It even has a small amount of protein. Hey, a low cal filler with some added benefits!
____________________
Return to Blog Scene By Jeanne

No comments:

Blog Upp

DIGG