My Latest Tweet:

12/19/08

My Version Of Low Cal Hot Chocolate

If you're like me and leery of artificial sweeteners, low calorie treat alternatives that don't use them are always welcome.

I started thinking about the sugar in hot chocolate one day, and decided to try it without. After all, many people drink coffee and tea without adding sugar, why not hot chocolate?

It turns out that it's not bad at all! Here's the recipe that I use:

1/2 cup skim milk
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
almond and vanilla extract
boiling water

I premix the cocoa powder, vanilla and almond extracts, and milk while the water is boiling - the cocoa is a bit powdery and takes some extra stirring. Once they are blended, I then add the hot water. It's not sweet (obviously), but it definitely takes care of my chocolate cravings!

Like this evening, for instance - I was about to serve myself a bowl of ice cream (several hundred calories) and had this hot chocolate instead (about 60), and I'm totally satisfied.

(Now I just have to go to bed before I start thinking about the ice cream again!! LOL)
____________________
Return to Jeanne's Blog List

No comments:

Blog Upp

DIGG