My Latest Tweet:

12/30/08

Are You Getting Ready For A New Year's Resolution?

I make New Year's resolutions every year, and quite often fail at keeping them. Luckily for my poor fragile ego they're more for fun than anything.

I have noticed, though, that I'm more likely to succeed at keeping them if I do the following:

1) Write them down and read my list often.

2) Break each one down into smaller steps, and schedule completion for each step.

This year, as always, weight control is one of my resolutions. I've been thinking a lot about how I can devise a strategy that will actually work, as opposed to half-trying the same things over and over again.

I think what I need to do is examine my failed approaches in the past and figure out what went wrong.

For example: resisting impulse snacking!!!

(aw, who wants to give that up? Chocolate is gooood ;-)

C'mon now, focus.

(Pfffft. Fine.)

Step number one: on January first, I will take all the leftover Christmas treats and put them away in a really really hard to get at location (or just give them away).

As horribly un-fun as that may be, I think it will help ;-) Wish me luck!
____________________
Return to Jeanne's Blog List

No comments:

Blog Upp

DIGG